venerdì 25 luglio 2014

Hello there!

Ok, let's start! My name is Paola and this is my first post (smartest start ever).
I am an italian newlywed who just moved to the US with her tiiiiny family of two. 
I am Catholic and I love food. (yes, these things are related). 
This is the main reason I decided to write this blog: 
I want this to be a place where I can talk about how I live my faith everyday AND.. in my kitchen! 
Right now I feel like I am throwing a bottle with a message into the sea... helloooo ... but I am sure this blog will be a great way to express my thoughts and share my experiences. 
And I hope to meet people too 'cause I don't have any friends right now here. 
(Except my Kindle and my books: tons of books my husband and I brought with us from Italy and we still don't know have idea where to put. The point is just that he could not make a selection and I could not separate from some terrible 70s translations of Jane Austen novels I inherite from my family. And Vita Sackville West pieces about gardening too. Ok I am definitely going off road now. Well, now you see why I NEED a blog before every cashier at Target would label me as the italian crazy woman who try to make friend?!) 

So, this was my first post.
Impressive, see?

Disclaimer and support request
English is not my mother language - I have never had proper English lessons actually, just a couple of quick courses - but I really love your language and I really love reading and watching your cinema. This is why I can read English quite well, I can talk and make people understand me, and we are still working on that listening thing because sometimes I can understand everything and sometimes nothing. But I feel is going better and better, so pray for me, please :) 
This blog represents a way to improve my Eglish writing skills as well. I have never had a chance to write in English, exspecially articulate thoughts.
For this reason I would really really appreciate your understanding if I make mistakes (such as mispelling words or just wrinting things that have no sense such this first post :). Also, I would really appreciate you to feel free to correct me and be my teacher. This would be a really great thing you would do for me and I thank you in advance for your help and support. 
Thanks for reading!

Paola   

3 commenti:

  1. Dear Paola,

    I was so touched by your comment that you left on Haley's blog, Carrots for Michaelmas. Welcome to the US! :-) I hope you will learn to love it here, and that you will continue to listen hard for God's still, small voice on your journey. (I have friends who think I'm throwing my brain away too. Some days, I wonder if they're right, but most of the time I know I wouldn't want things any different!)

    RispondiElimina
    Risposte
    1. YOU made my day! Not only beacuse you left the first comment here... but because you left a comment of Love and support. And God only knows how I need that in these days! :)
      Thank you so much! I wish you the best for your new adventure (I saw the post about your confirmation!:) xo

      Elimina
  2. How are things going? Knowing what to blog about is so hard; it's such a weird public/private space. :-) Hope you are doing well.

    RispondiElimina